Tuesday 16 August 2016

I Love Horse Riding in Dubai

I love the feel of the saddle and the open air, and living in dubai you do not really get a chance to get out in nature as much as you would like to. Sure we have the beach and the sea, but its not really nature because there arent any animals.

Horse Riding in Dubai through the DesertThats where desert rides and desert hacks come into their own. When the weather in dubai is just right, you can go horse riding in the desert! I was confused when I first searched for this online in dubai because they call it a 'desert hack', which sounds very frightening. I mean what on earth is a hack! Isnt that with computers?

But I learnt that desert hacks and desert horse riding mean one and the same thing, basically you are in the desert and you ride on a horse! Usually you follow guides and they take you on a pre-determined trail in the desert.



Now the stable or equestrian centre you choose is very important. I had no idea until I started horse riding for a while, the degree to which horses require very careful care. They can get all kinds of skin conditions, sicknesses, infections.. You name it.

Make sure you find a great stable where they REALLY look after their horses, you can usually spot them from a mile away, check the hooves of the horses to see if they are caved in or if they are ok, check their skin, especially around their eyes.

horse riding in dubai with al jumooh
The type of horse at the stable will determine how much meat they have on them, some endurance horses are kept at lower weight to enable them to run at longer distances. I thought they were malnourished but I was assured by a vet this was totally normal and when you think about the difference between fat cats living in houses and scrawny wiry alley cats you get the idea.

It is great fun riding and I REALLY think you should try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment